Driving tour “Moscow discovery” is perfect to discover Moscow in a half day what would take 2 to 3 days on your own.
During the tour we will make several stops (Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, St. Basil Cathedral, New Maidens’ Convent, Arbat, etc.)
Barbara Tours offers a local experience;
I would like to accompany you and help you to travel through the Moscow’s history, be a main character of it, experience the city in many different ways.
I will pick you up at the hotel (or a train station) together with our licensed driver and the tour will begin!
The following itinerary has been listed merely as a guideline:
- The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, world’s tallest Orthodox Christian Cathedral (If you would like to visit the cathedral, please anticipate appropriate clothing – shoulders and knees covered, for women also heads covered); the Pedestrian bridge over the Moskva river;
- Red square and the magnificent St. Basil’s Cathedral;
- The historic district Zamoskvorechye (translated as “beyond the Moskva river”), we will see the mansion of Piotr Smirnoff, the Smirnoff vodka brand owner;
- Impressive panoramic view of the Kremlin walls and towers observed from the embankment;
- The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, the Prechistenka street– an old town street with beautiful mansions;
- The New Maidens‘ Convent, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the nuns of the convent were women from royal and noble families;
- The Olympic Luzhniki stadium;
- The Moscow State University, one of the Seven Sisters skyscrapers, built under Stalin’s instruction;
- Sparrow Hills – it is one of the highest points in Moscow, famous for its fantastic view on the city;
- The Victory Park – a huge memorial complex, commemorating the Great Patriotic War (the Second World War);
- Hotel Ukraine – a famous hotel, one of the seven Stalin’s sisters;
- White House – a government of the Russian Federation, the place of the dramatic events of the 90s’;
- The Arbat, a pedestrian street about one kilometer long in the historical centre of Moscow.
At the end of this tour, the driver will take you back to the hotel or any other place in central Moscow you would prefer.
☆ Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or train station
☆ Starting time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
☆ Transportation: car/mini van
☆ No charge for guests under 10 year age
☆ Length of the tour: 4 hours
We work with licensed drivers with cars (up to 3 people) or minivans (4 – 7 people).
If you have children with you, please inform us their ages (up to 12 years old) and we will provide baby seats in the car!
Make a reservation
Please make your reservations at least 24 hours in advance.
I will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your reservations.
Looking forward to meet you in Moscow!