Out of the ordinary is perfect for those who would love to discover the other part of the center of Moscow. The best time for this tour is second or third day in Moscow. We will make 2-3 hours walking tour and at the end of the tour we will have lunch in a cosy сafe.
Barbara Tours offers a local experience;
I would like to accompany you and help you to travel through the Moscow’s history, be a main character of it, experience the city in many different ways.
I will inform the meeting point by e-mail right after confirming your reservation and or closer to the date of your tour.
The following itinerary has been listed merely as a guideline:
- We will start our tour with the street Kuznetsky Most (literally Blacksmith’s Bridge) and discover why the bridge was there;
- An old pedestrian lane – Kamergersky lane with many beautiful old-style building of high cultural significance, such as the Chekhov Moscow Art Theatre;
- Tverskaya Street – the main and probably best-known street in Moscow;
- Famous grocery store“Eliseevsky“, opened a long time ago in 1901. Its luxurious decoration, huge crystal chandeliers are definately not to be missed;
- Tverskoy boulevard– the longest and the oldest boulevard in Moscow, built during the reign of Catherine the Great;
- Greater Church of Christ’s Ascension where country’s greatest poet Alexander Pushkin married the beauty of that time Natalia Goncharova;
- B. Bronnaya street, an old street of the 17th century;
- Patriarch’s Ponds (actually,there is only one pond) – the cultural and aristocratic centre of Moscow, one of the most beloved places for promenades of Muscovites;
- Lunch in a Russian cafe in the spirit of Soviet vintage. A cosy cafe with black-and-white photos from the past, a samovar and polished crystal glasses in grandma buffet. Vodka tasting.
Please note, for this tour lunch is included.
☆ Pick-up at your hotel or train station
☆ Starting time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
☆ Transporation: metro, walking
☆ No charges for guests under 10 year age
☆ Length of the tour: 3-4 hours
☆ Lunch included
Traditional Russian lunch includes traditional Russian food and vodka tasting. The cafe is very cosy, styled as an apartment. Every person who wants to understand Russia should try it at least once to really know better!
Make a reservation
Please make your reservations at least 24 hours in advance.
I will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your reservations.
Looking forward to meet you in Moscow!