Moscow highlights is the best tour to explore the main Moscow sights.
I will pick you up at the hotel (or a train station) and the tour will begin!
Barbara Tours offers a local experience;
I would like to accompany you and help you to travel through the Moscow’s history, be a main character of it, experience the city in many different ways.
The following itinerary has been listed merely as a guideline:
- We will start with the place where Muscovites and visitors come to make a wish – Kilometer Zero, located at the entrance to Red Square. The trick is to throw a coin over your shoulder and make a wish – simple!
- The heart of Moscow and the soul of Russia, Red Square (by the way, do you know why it is called “Red”?);
- The Resurrection Gate (where one of the smallest chapel in Moscow, the Iberian Chapel, is located), the State Historical Museum, the Kazan Cathedral;
- Legendary Lenin’s Mausoleum, horrifyingly alive looking Lenin can be viewed for five minutes at a time in small groups (*optional, opened daily from 10.00 to 13.00, closed on Mondays and Fridays);
- St. Basil’s Cathedral – the most recognized symbol of Moscow, part of the Moscow Kremlin and Red Square UNESCO World Heritage Site (For this tour, there is no guided tour inside any museum but if you feel like stopping for pictures or to walk inside St. Basil Cathedral on your own (Museum’s fee is 350 RUB), I will give you enough time to do so);
- Visiting GUM (department store), masterpiece of the Soviet architecture, joining progressive modernity and glorious history;
- One of the oldest streets in Moscow – Nikolskaya Street and KGB headquarters;
- The legendary Hotel Metropol with more than 110 years of history;
- The Bolshoi Theatre – one of symbols of Russia for all time;
- Historical gothic revival style building of TsUM;
- An old pedestrian lane – Kamergersky lane with many beautiful old-style building of high cultural significance, such as the Chekhov Moscow Art Theatre;
- Tverskaya Street – the main and probably best-known street in Moscow;
- Manege square or the Manezhka (as it is familiarly known), a large pedestrian open-space dominated by the ex-hotel Moskva, currently a modern luxury hotel;
- Alexander Garden, a beautiful public park with almost 200-year-old history;
- The ceremony of the changing of the guards
If you would like to take one of the best panoramic photos of Moscow, I will show you the place where the Kremlin walls and towers, the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Stalin’s skyscrapers, the Moskva River and its bridges are observed.
☆ Pick-up at your hotel or train station
☆ Starting time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
☆ Transporation: metro, walking
☆ No charge for guests under 10 year age
☆ Length of the tour: 4 hours
★ Optional: lunch
Traditional Russian lunch (1200 RUB per person and includes traditional Russian food and vodka tasting) is a perfect opportunity to taste Russian cuisine. Every person who wants to understand Russia should try it at least once to really know better!
Make a reservation
Please make your reservations at least 24 hours in advance.
I will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your reservations.
Looking forward to meet you in Moscow!